- All payments made are non-refundable. Payment is to be made immediately on booking on the course in order to secure a place on the course.
- It is the students responsibility to check the course fee that is payable for their booking.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek which method of payment they will use. The payment methods are listed on the enrolment form.
- Course fees include: Pre-course training manual & question paper, practical training (where applicable), case study marking and issuance of a certificate, unless otherwise stated.
- For all special offers & discounts, we require full payment in order to enrol on the course. We do not accept deposits or payment plans for special offers or discounts.
Only 1 special offer or discount price can be used per booking and cannot be combined with any other offer currently running.
- For all home study courses, 100% of the course fee is payable prior to commencement of the course, modules will not be emailed until full payment has been received, and cleared.
- In order for a student booking to be processed, an enrolment form is required to be completed and returned to us.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All credit, debit and PayPal payments are subject to a 2% charge of the course fee paid.
- If a payment plan has been granted, a standing order MUST be set up for ALL monthly payments or your booking will be cancelled and all payments made to date will be non-refundable or non-transferable. If your first instalment is not paid within the first 31 days, your booking will be cancelled as we do not chase monthly payments. Monthly payments are to be set up for the 1st OR the 15th of each month ONLY. Your deposit can be paid by the following method – bank transfer, PayPal, debit or credit card.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check that cover is honoured with their insurance company prior to enrolling on a course at Holistic Therapies Training. We can accept no responsibility for a refusal of insurance once the learner has enrolled and paid for their course.
- If you do not have insurance, we can recommend some insurance companies. However, it is the student’s responsibility to seek a suitable insurance company for themselves. A list of insurers can be found here – holistictherapiestraining.co.uk/insurance. You MUST still check with them before enrolling on any course with us, however, as we cannot guarantee they will accept our qualifications.
- It is the students responsibility to take out student insurance while undertaking their training / case studies with us.
- The deposit is non-refundable in the event of a student cancelling their booking.
- If the student cancels within 7 days of the practical training day, the full 100% fee is non-refundable or transferable and further fees apply to re-book any further training dates.
- If the students request to change their practical training date, an admin fee is applicable, please ask for the current admin fee charge.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to change any course dates, including if there is insufficient numbers of students attending, or a model cannot be found, or in unforeseen circumstances.
- If a student cancels within 14 days prior to the practical training date, a proof of reason may be requested.
- A minimum of 2 students is required to run the course, unless a one to one booking has been confirmed between student and tutor. The student will then be required to provide a model. Unless an agreement for a model to be provided by the tutor has been agreed between student and tutor. It is always the student’s responsibility to arrange for models however, a tutor cannot guarantee this.
- No refunds are issued once any or all training material has been downloaded for any courses due to copyright law.
- No refunds are honoured other than the terms listed here.
- If a student cancels any VTCT assessment date, they will need to pay a fee to re-book regardless of reason.
- Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for costs or loss of earnings due to course cancellation or alterations.
Practical Training Day
- Holistic Therapies Training offers intense practical training courses. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that this level of training is suitable for their individual needs. Fast track training is not suitable for everyone. Holistic Therapies Training takes no responsibility for students failing to be able to complete their training with us.
- It is recommended that the pre course training manual is fully studied and the question paper completed and returned to us prior to the practical training date.
- It is the student’s responsibility to further research the course that they are studying in addition to the pre-course training manual provided. A recommended reading list is available on request.
- You will be required to give and receive a treatment of the chosen therapy that you are studying on the practical training day. Unless you have booked a one to one training day, in which you will work only on a model and will not receive a treatment on yourself.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the tutor of any medical conditions that they may have, at the time of booking, especially if this contra-indicates them to receiving a treatment on the practical training day. A full list of the contra-indications relevant to the therapy is listed in the pre-course training manual and is also available, on request, from the tutor.
- It is advisable for the student to not consume alcohol within 24 hours of attending a practical training day, due to dehydration.
- A certificate will only be issued to the student once they have demonstrated that they understand the therapy and can conduct a treatment in a safe and professional manner. The tutor reserves the right to refuse to issue the certificate or request that the student attends for a further assessment. (Further fees will be payable, if a re-assessment is required.)
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to change a course date at any time. It is the student’s responsibility to contact us regarding course dates. If a course date changes and a student has already booked on the course, then the student will be contacted immediately to offer alternative dates.
- It is the student’s responsibility to print and bring their course notes and consultation forms to each training day, as well as any other documents requested in their training pack.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check and look up directions for their training days.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check the suitability of the training venue before enrolling on a course, to include, accessibility, parking facilities, distance, and suitability. All our training venues are listed here – holistictherapiestraining.co.uk/training-venues
- If the student arrives more than 15 minutes late on any training / assessment day, the tutor may refuse to let you join the class or to commence the training / assessment. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they arrive at the course in plenty of time. Any lateness could result in the course not being able to commence, and further costs applicable to cover extra tutor time and room hire, etc. This extra cost will be payable by the student, before, the training can commence. If the training cannot go ahead, due to the student’s lateness, the student will have to pay a £100 fee to reschedule the training date.
- Bespoke training offered to cater for specific learner needs and professional membership requirements, where needed. Please ask for further details, and a quote.
- All courses must be completed within the specified time listed below of the enrolment date unless otherwise agreed with the management of Holistic Therapies Training. If this time has passed and the student wishes to continue on the course, further fees will apply before the student can complete their course. For VTCT courses, a further £150 fee is payable PER 3 month extension period.
Home / Distant learning course – 12 months
Accredited Course (with practical attendance) – 3 months
VTCT course – 12 months
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to fully research the course prior to booking. This includes course content, eligibility for insurance, level of qualification and any other course suitability for the student in all its aspects. Once a booking has been made, a refund is not payable. Holistic Therapies Training accepts no responsibility in the event that the content of the course does not meet the student’s requirements. Once a booking has been confirmed, including attendance of the practical training day, the student will be required to abide and comply with all the terms of Holistic Therapies Training set out herein.
- Students must be of a minimum age of 18 to attend a course.
- No previous experience is required for a student to attend a course, however, some courses do have pre-requisites! It is the student’s responsibility to enquire about pre-requisites, and to provide a suitable copy of a previous qualification if required. Please refer to each individual course for pre-requisites and requirements.
- If the student enrols on a course and does not meet the pre-requisite, their certificate may be invalid and they may not be able to obtain insurance. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they meet the prerequisite standards and check the minimum requirements from their insurance company.
- A good standard of English, to include verbal, written & reading, is required in order to attend a course with Holistic Therapies Training.
- An enrolment form is required to be completed and / or signed by each student attending a course with us (An electronic enrolment form once submitted, counts as the student signing in agreement to the contract and terms). It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have submitted a signed enrolment form. Any enrolment forms that have not been signed / submitted electronically by the student, may invalidate all agreements / rights held between Holistic Therapies Training and the student.
- If any correspondence or communication has been sent to us by the student, whether via email, letter, text, answer phone message or any other method; it is the student’s sole responsibility to follow up, check or ensure that Holistic Therapies Training has received the communication.
- All course work / correspondence submitted, whether by email or post, MUST be labelled with the student’s full name and the course they are referring to. We do receive several pieces of work from our students and cannot match these up to the student if they have not been correctly labelled. Any work not properly labelled will not be marked and this will hold up the marking process.
- If there are any queries at all, the student MUST register them within 7 days, and we will aim to rectify them for you.
- All students must comply with all policies of Holistic Therapies Training including Code of Ethics, Health & Safety, Security & any other policies required by Holistic Therapies Training.
- Students must not have any medical / health reasons that may affect their training or studies. It is the student’s responsibility to check with their GP first if required.
- Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for any reason why a student is unable to complete their course for any reason whatsoever. Once enrolled, no refunds will be issued.
- If a student fails to attend a practical training date for any reason, a refund or further course place will not be issued.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to decline a student’s application to attend a training course.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to alter a course date or venue at any time.
- The student must log any queries they have within 7 days of the training.
- All course material provided by Holistic Therapies Training are copyright and remain the sole right of Holistic Therapies Training. No copies, extract or references can be made to the course material without prior permission and must be agreed in writing.
- Holistic Therapies Training will always comply with data protection, and student’s information will never be shared with outside sources, other than their tutor, the VTCT and accrediting bodies where required.
- All students, who have enquired or enrolled with us, will be added to our mailing list. The student is free to opt out at any time by unsubscribing.
- All course materials will be emailed to the student prior to the practical training day unless otherwise specified. We do not offer hard copies of our training material.
- The student will be encourage to purchase further text books for the therapy that they are studying.
- The student will be required to purchase all required equipment and products in order to practice their case studies to complete their studies.
- Some equipment such as Ipads/Iphones/Androids/Tablets/Phones/Other electronic reading devices, may not be able to view documents in word or pdf. Please ensure you have access to suitable viewing equipment, such as a pc or laptop.
- All course material is emailed in word and/or pdf format, and maybe sent in a compressed zip folder. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they are able to open and view the documents.
- All course material bears a copyright and is not to be used by anyone other than the student registered on our system to use it.
- Courses run by Holistic Therapies Training have been approved, verified & accredited and are suitable to run as a viable professional training course as well as eligible for professional insurance. It is the students responsibility to enquire about which bodies the courses are accredited through, whether their insurance company will cover the certificate and whether the level of qualification for the course is suitable for their individual needs, changes to accreditation and training material can be periodically made and Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for any misperception these changes may cause. For most courses, a VRQ qualification is also available, this is an internationally recognised qualification, run by The VTCT, if the student is in doubt regarding which level of course they should enrol on, and we would recommend they take the VTCT course, where possible.
- Accreditation can change at any time. Holistic Therapies Training will not be responsible for changes made.
- All VTCT certificates will be issued through Holistic Therapies Training or Any Driver Ltd (for advanced learner loan courses).
- All VTCT assessments are held in Bideford or Bristol ONLY,and cannot be held at any other training venues.
- Every 6-12 months, the VTCT send an EQA to the assessment centre in Gloucester & South Molton to audit the centre and the students. An EQA has the right to select which students they require to attend on that date. All students HAVE to attend if they have been selected, even if this is not their planned assessment date. Your tutor/assessor can provide you with further information on this.
Home Study / Distant Learning Course
- At Holistic Therapies Training, we recognise the convenience of home learning, and how this can improve on the student’s knowledge, treatment range and skills they can offer. We also recognise that practical experience is of utmost importance in order to give the best possible treatment, therefore, we do recommend that the students gains practical experience where possible, this may also be a requirement of their insurance company in order for them to insure the certificate. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the requirements of their insurance company before enrolling on any course with Holistic Therapies Training, as refunds are not issued.
NOTE: Whilst home study / distant learning courses provide a great source of information and convenience to the learner, we believe that this cannot substitute practical ‘hands on’ experience. It is at the learner’s discretion to enrol on these courses, and to gain the correct knowledge and experience, as well as further training, where necessary (Some Insurers / Professional memberships may only provide insurance if practical experience has been gained in the subject.) Some of our home study courses, only provide the learner with an introduction to the subject, and we strongly advice they advance their learning with further courses and practical training where appropriate. It can take several years to become knowledgeable and experienced in some subjects.
You may be required to undertake practical training in addition to the home study to be covered, please check with your insurers/professional membership BEFORE enrolling.
All courses taught by Holistic Therapies Training are taught to a high industry standard. The courses cannot diagnose medical conditions and should never be used as a substitute for any medical care and advice. Contra-indications and benefits are discussed as part of the courses, but are not intended as medical advice. No therapies taught are deemed as treatments that will cure or prevent a condition or disease.
All course material has been checked, verified and approved by its accrediting bodies, these include, The CMA, Professional Beauty, ABT Insurance and IICT. Each course carries individual accreditation so please check which course is accredited with which body.
Holistic Therapies Training accept no liability for any injury or loss to a person or property throughout, and accept no liability for damage or injury caused by a student to another person, whether before, during or after training.
Appeals – Appeals Procedure